The PCS BHB is the ultimate profile cutting machine. No other machine on the market offers a solution with as much emphasis on brute force, rigidity and capability. With options ranging from High Speed Drilling, Tapping, Boring, Countersinking, Gas cutting, Plasma cutting, Plasma & Gas Bevelling, Pipe Cutting, Ink Jet Printing, Pin Marking or any combination, all with precision motion control – you’re possibilities are endless!
PCS BHB at a glance:
- 60HP, BT-50, 5000rpm main spindle
- 24 tool Automatic Tool Changer (tool change time ~2.5sec)
- Multiple Machining Operations – Drilling, Tapping, Milling, Counter boring, Counter sinking, Marking
- Drilling capacity – 115mm, Tapping capacity 38mm
- Multiple Cutting Operations – Plasma, Plasma Bevel, Flame, Flame Bevel
- Through Tool Coolant. Flood coolant, Minimum Quantity Lubricant (MQL) or both!
- Class Leading Burny 10 PC based CNC on custom PCS flat panel touch screen (up to 21.5”)
- Manufactured from NON-PROPRIETRY components
- State-Of-The-Art Motion Control System – Bosch Rexroth digital drives and motors with absolute encoders
- Dual Ballscrew for servo driven feed and clamp with absolute encoders
- Up to 3 ton of clamping downforce
- 20m/min traverse speed (limited)
- Ultra Heavy Duty floor mounted rail system made of machine hardened billet
- Automatic rail cleaning/polishing system. Cleans and polishes running surface as machine traverses
- OPTIONAL HEADS:
- Hypertherm HPRXD Plasma
- KALIBURN Spirit II Plasma
- PCS Zero-Offset Plasma Bevel Head
- Oxy Fuel cutting head
- PCS Triple Burner Oxy Fuel Head
- Paint Jet Marking
- Pin Marking
Key Factors when considering a combination Plasma Cutting and Drilling machine:
The BHB main beam weighs in at over 8 metric tons. Large mass is crucial for high speed drilling. Unlike a standalone machining centre, plate profile machines such as the BHB are dynamic and process plate on a hollow cutting/drilling bed. This leads to what can be severe vibrations when drilling/machining. Therefore, the machine needs as much mass behind it as possible in order to minimise vibrations when drilling. Less vibrations = Faster drilling and better tool life!
Solid Cutting/Drilling Table:
Often overlooked, the cutting/drilling table is AS IMPORTANT as the machine on top of it. PCS cutting/drilling tables are built just as tough as the BHB machine. They have several supports connecting the steel plate directly to the concrete floor. Again, this is to minimise vibrations that are common with high speed drilling on profile machines.
The End Result: Greater capacity, tool life, speed, quality… The results speak for themselves.